Sunday 19 September 2010

Tracey Eastham

Yesterday I went to the Cornerhouse in Manchester and saw Tracey Eastham's work. She creates paper collages which usually feature landscapes with a twist. The romantic style images seem to represent something deeper, but as they appear so innocent you are not sure what it is. What I found really intriguing was how the images appeared to float in the frames. There is a real sense of depth even though they are just flat pieces of paper. The pieces on display were a mixture of fantasy and reality; each one telling a different story.

I enjoyed looking at all her pieces and it really inspired me to work with paper again. For the narrative Box Project I want to create an animation so I'm going to explore collage using brightly coloured papers and see where it goes!






No comments:

Post a Comment