Thursday 14 October 2010

Print and Pattern Blog

While researching for the box project I came across an amazing blog called Print and Pattern. It's my idea of heaven!! Not only do they show artists/designers work but they also go around shops like Paperchase and photograph loads of items. I'll share a couple of my favourite findings, starting with Pat Albeck.

Pat recently created a collection of tea-towels at Emma Bridgwater. I love her designs, she uses quite simple shapes and all of the colours are bright and happy. They're very 60s in style which is something I was very influenced by in the box project. I'm so impressed that Pat has been producing designs for over 40 years; they look so current and fresh. I will definitely be keeping me eyes open to see what she produces next.


Another designer who caught me eye was Carolyn Gavin. Her work she produced for the company Ecojet (which creates products made from recycled materials) is gorgeous! She has an amazing sense of colour and pattern and even though her designs have lots of things going on, they never look overcrowded. I particular like her letters made out of patterns, they look really effective and it's something I'd love to have a go at.


The design company Allihopa are also really inspiring. I love the bright, vibrant colours and the innocent images they create. I really like the colourful patterns set on black, it makes the colours 'pop' out of the page. They're designs are very simple, which is something I really like; they let the colours and images speak for themselves. I like how they've branched out into so many different areas; toys, notebooks, cards, stationery. There is obviously a great market for their work (including me!).


You can have a look at all the amazing work at printpattern.blogspot.com. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment